Local SEO: 10 Tips & Tricks
As a business owner, you don’t want to use local SEO to make your company visible to your community. You want to make your business visible to your ideal customers at just the right time. In other words, you want your listing to show up when your potential customers need what you’re selling. Because smaller businesses operate locally, they have to depend more on community marketing to get in front of the eyes of their customers.
This article will give you ten tips that can help any small business excel at local SEO.
- Add Images To Your Listings – We all know that pictures make any spot on the World Wide Web more appealing. But did you know that search engines also need your images? They need them to figure out what you do as a business. For this reason, you should always name every picture that you put on your website and online listings.
- Make Sure That You Finish Your Online Listings – When you complete all of your online listings, search engines such as Google can better understand the purpose of your business. When search engines understand what it is you do as a company, your business will place higher in the local search results in your area.
- Don’t Ever Post a False Review On Your Website – You might figure that since other business owners have placed fake reviews on their social media sites, that you could also get away with it. But your potential customers will quickly catch on, and that will have a negative effect on future sales. Putting up false reviews can also negatively impact your SEO. Google considers these types of reviews spam and will filter them out.
- Socially Engage With Your Customers – Indexing bots give companies that engage with their customers on social media more relevance. By replying to the comments of people who buy your products or services, you could appear above a rival that doesn’t engage on social media.
- Use Your Company Name On Your Social Media Profiles – Search engines can’t find you online if you make things harder for them. One thing you can do is use your company name as your online handle on social media accounts whenever possible.
- Put Unique Content On Your Website – Google can easily spot online content that is regurgitated, copied, or rehashed. These qualities showcase a business website that most potential customers would not want to visit. Don’t put up content that your business rivals have already covered. Instead, create unique content that will get you noticed.
- Don’t Use Black Hat Techniques – When you do link building the right way, it will take a long time before you see results. You don’t want to take the “easy” way like this can get you in trouble with the search engines. Once you incur these penalties, it can become next to impossible to bounce back from them.
- Always Name Website Images – Use keywords and descriptions to name your website photos. Google uses your images to learn more about your business. The right keywords and descriptions can get you higher positions in local search results.
- Link to Other Websites – For obvious reasons, you don’t want to link to your business rivals. But linking to related businesses can help your SEO in a lot of ways. Not only do links influence your level of online authority, but it can get you positive results in local search.
- Try to Get The Media On Your Side – Try to curry favor with your local media outlets and work with people in your area that have a built-in audience. Online media coverage will boost your authority, which can positively affect local search rankings.
“If you want real marketing that works and effective implementation – Impact SEO Agency’s got you covered. I just can’t get enough of Impact SEO Agency. I want to get a T-Shirt with Impact SEO Agency on it so I can show it off to everyone. If you want real marketing that works and effective implementation – Impact SEO Agency’s got you covered. I like Impact SEO Agency more and more each day because it makes my life a lot easier.”
“Thanks to Impact SEO Agency, we’ve just launched our 5th website! I will recommend you to my colleagues.”
I would also like to say thank you to all your staff. Impact SEO Agency saved my business.
This is simply unbelievable! Keep up the excellent work. Thank you for making it painless, pleasant and most of all hassle free! Impact SEO Agency is our MVP!!!!
Impact SEO Agency is both attractive and highly adaptable. We’re loving these results.